Gannett Fleming shares the responsibility of actively sustaining our natural world. We take significant and lasting steps to minimize adverse environmental impacts in our operations, design solutions, and projects across the globe. These actions preserve our natural resources and provide social and economic benefits now and for the future.
Read more about our sustainable actions in our 2011 Corporate Sustainability Report. (PDF: 26.4MB)
Being a leading steward of the environment goes beyond compliance and mandates. Sustainability is our culture, demonstrated through initiatives with clients, as well as internal efforts to reduce our water and energy usage, solid waste disposal, and carbon footprint associated with travel. These programs are embraced by an enthusiastic and committed workforce and are cultivated by a network of sustainability champions who work to:
- Establish and benchmark quantifiable sustainability goals related to reducing waste, energy, and water consumption
- Benchmark our progress toward bolstering employee safety and wellness and serving the community
- Implement and improve sustainability programs and policies
- Provide sustainability training opportunities
- Oversee competitive procurement of goods and services to reduce costs and our carbon footprint
- Recommend sustainable enhancements for the buildings we own and operate and track results.
Active in leading the adoption of sustainable practices in all aspects of our industry, Gannett Fleming holds leadership positions in, or is a member of, the following organizations: