Corporate Safety Program
The nature of our work commands a culture of safety to ensure that employees are safe no matter where their location or job function — whether a staff member is stationed at a field jobsite or works in an office environment.
Gannett Fleming abides by its corporate Safety and Health Policy, which was originally adopted by the Gannett Fleming Board of Directors in 2001. With significant input and ongoing effort from the firm’s Corporate Safety Group and Safety Committee, the firm provides employees with safety programs and safe workplace practices. As such, safety takes a forefront on the firm's strategic action plan and the firm’s ongoing activities.
Safety Program Highlights:
- Below industry average total recordable incident and experience modification rates
- Local safety coordinators
- Weekly safety tips on the internal news site, the Gannett News Network
- Award-winning safety poster campaign to promote employee safety awareness
- Online employee safety suggestion box
- Corporate Safety IntraNet page
- Annual safety awareness training for all employees
- Safety-related performance goals for all employees
- Workstation and workplace assessments
- Job-specific safety courses in the firm's Learning Management System
- Safety training offerings ranging from standard first aid to specialized rail training courses
- Standard operating procedures for various types of hazards
- Annual risk control assessment of all operations
- Member of the National Safety Council
- ISNet World client.
Gannett Fleming has employed a behavior-based safety program for more than ten years. The program focuses on identifying and mitigating hazards in job safety analysis documents and during task observations with the goal of incident-free operations.
Safety at Work and at Home
To coincide with the National Safety Council's National Safety Month, June is designated as Safety Month at Gannett Fleming. Throughout the month, employees participate in various activities to showcase safety, such as training webinars, safety break meetings, and other safety-themed activities.